Public Health Agency of Canada
Vaccine Foundations for Health Care Providers
This COVID-19 Vaccine webinar will inform Canadian health care providers about the COVID-19 vaccines to increase their knowledge and confidence in the vaccines. Each module will include a 10-15 minutes moderated/ live question and answer session.
Please note the presentation will be delivered in English and French on two separate days
ENGLISH WEBINAR Monday December 14, 2020, 1:00 – 3:00 pm EST
FRENCH WEBINAR Tuesday December 15, 2020, 1:00 – 3:00 pm EST
Opening remarks by Dr. Howard Njoo, Deputy Chief Public Health Officer
Health Canada COVID-19 Vaccine Approval and the Role of NACI in COVID-19 Vaccine Planning
COVID-19 Vaccines in Canada
COVID-19 Vaccine Administration and Immunization Clinic Planning
Dr. Megan Bettle, HealtH Canada and
Dr. Caroline Quach,
CHair of tHe national advisory Committee on immunization (naCi)
Dr. April Killikelly and
Dr. Marina Salvadori,
tHe PubliC HealtH agenCy of Canada
Dr. Bryna Warshawsky,
– To describe the Health Canada vaccine approval pathway for
vaccines, including changes under the interim order and the status of current rolling submissions
– To underscore the guidance delivered and expected from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization
– To compare the platform technologies used by candidate vaccines against SARS-COV-2/COVID-19.
– To discuss mRNA vaccines in development by Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna against SARS-COV-2/ COVID-19.
– To describe the infection prevention and control requirements for safely providing COVID-19 vaccines given the ongoing circulation of SARS-CoV-2T
– To highlight key messages regarding vaccine storage and handling requirements
– To provide planning parameters and strategies for organizing mass immunization clinics
Register Here for English Webinar
(see event page on December 15 to register for French Webinar)
Copyright 2017 - Public Health Physicians of Canada / Médecins de santé publique du Canada
Site by Merge Creative Inc.